Wednesday, March 21, 2007

altered Book



I signed on for an altered book round robin on one of my yahoo groups.
I rarely do any type of swap or exchange or even the round robin sort of things, but this one intrigued me. They decided to do 'Dark" themes.
Mine is on nightmares.

I think I'm going to like working in the different books. The first one I received is for dark 'indulgences'. This should be fun. Still thinking on what to put in it.

I'll post the cover of my dark dreams book here.
I used some micaeous iron oxide and garnet gels by Golden on this- along with some walnut ink sprays and some other stuff. The figures are made with sticks and Sculpy polyclay. It is my first attempt at doing a niche in an altered book cover. I am happy with the way it turned out.
It took a lot of steps to get the look I wanted. I had to wait and let it dry between layers of stuff.
I usually go for whatever is fast, instant gratification gal here. But on this one I'm glad I had a little patience.

No comments: