Thursday, November 05, 2009

Updating after a very long and busy while

My friend Adrienne, form Wales, came over for a visit.
They apparently do not have Asian markets in Wales.
I thought she might get a kick out of Fubons. :) I noticed things that I might not have noticed if I was just doing my usual shopping and not showing it all off to a visitor. ;)



A welcome kitty of course.




This lovely shrine was set up near the front of a store.




Great color, texture, line and form in this screen.
Made me think of some of the assignments for my photography classes.




Wonderful patterns.




Such creative packaging.




I suspect I will be using some of these images for collage work...




Everyone was so friendly.




Adrienne said this was one of her favorite teas. Loved the display.




Lots of dragon motifs.




I had to stop for a bubble tea. MMmmmmmmm- Bubble Tea!!
Adrienne was not impressed. LOL




Looks like he must have had a great laugh.




Parrot Fish




Luscious!




Food colors in Asian stores can be a bit disturbing for some of us. ;)




All of the labels are sooo bright. The whole store is a riot of color.




The produce section is fantastic.




Color- yep- lots and lots of color. Supersaturated, sometimes garish, always joyous color assaults your senses at every turn.




Sometimes it is hard to decide if the colors or the textures are most appealing.




Seriously textured




I found myself wishing I had some molding compound...




This will make a nice layer for adding textures in Photoshop. :)




More texture...




More texture... and interesting colors too.




Really loved the textures in this screen. I took a lot of photos of this...



5 comments:

Shelley said...

Zeb,

What a wonderful photo shoot of Fubon Market. I haven't been there in quite some time, and your images make me want to go shopping again very soon.

Absolutely lovely, especially the colors and textures.

I love the screen. Was that part of a store display, or actually for sale? It would be perfect for my Zen bedroom decor I'm planning.

Zeborah Loray said...

The screen was for sale. It was the very first thing that caught our eyes when we walked into the mall.
:)

Adrienne Wood said...

I just looked at this again after 2 years and a couple of months. Made me kinda 'homesick'.

Not sure of you can be homesick for somewhere you've only been a couple of times, but I miss you and Portland!

Adrienne Wood said...

I just looked at this again after 2 years and a couple of months. Made me kinda 'homesick'.

Not sure of you can be homesick for somewhere you've only been a couple of times, but I miss you and Portland!

Shelley said...

Zeb, I miss your posts and your photos. What are you up to these days?